Pages

Thursday 19 March 2015

**REVIEW** DEVIANT by JAIMIE ROBERTS

Most fairy tales end with a happily ever after. 

This is not a fairy tale. He is not her Prince Charming about to whisk her away into the sunset. This is a story about betrayal, lust, desire and, ultimately, revenge... 

And revenge can only lead to one thing. 

Tyler 

He was my stranger, my visitor, my shadow in the corner of my room. He stalked me, watched me, knew everything about me. But all I could do was sit and wait. I waited for him to visit me night after night. He was becoming my addiction, my craving, my obsession. He knew every inch of me, but I knew nothing about him. 

His calls himself Lotus and, as crazy as it sounds, I think I’m falling in love. 

Dean 

I wanted to take her, possess her, dominate her, and ruin her. I wanted to ravish her, please her, and consume her until I couldn’t take much more of her. 

She will want me to kiss her. She will want me to hold her all night so that she feels a connection with me. I would make it so that she would seek me out in the dark. The one that satisfies her ultimate fantasy. A stranger who sneaks into her room. Someone who gives her the ultimate pleasure, but also seeks to give her ultimate pain. Pain she has never had to endure. Pain that will eat away at her until there is nothing left. 

She was my nemesis, I was her lotus. And payback was a bitch.




So imagine coming home everyday knowing that a stranger had been in your home and moved things around. Knowing that he had been there while you slept. waking each day to find that he had reverse parked your car while you were in bed. Creepy? 
 
I was drawn into this story and could put it down, I loved Dean... he was creepy as hell but I loved him. I don’t want to put spoilers in this review so I am going to keep it vague. They were in love as kids, she never stopped loving him, but he started hating her.
 
A revenge mission, a jealous friend, a sick boy, a broken heart and a stranger that creeps into her home, heart and bed. Tyler and Dean’s story is nail biting, edge of your seat reading at its best. 
 
The end of this story left me so invested in the characters I stalked the author to see if there will be more... there will be Smile
 
This was a 5***** stalkerish star read from me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment