Pages

Wednesday 1 April 2015

**REVIEW** THE SUMMER REMAINS


*This is a full-length standalone romance* 


"Breathtaking. I am in love with this story." - Schmexy Girl Book Blog 



"A masterpiece. This story is not just a breath of fresh air, but a different kind of oxygen." - Bookslapped 

"The most beautiful thing I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing. I am changed." - We Solemnly Swear Book Blog 

"The Summer Remains was probably one of the most beautiful and heartfelt books I’ve ever had the chance to read. You don’t read something this extraordinary without having it change you." - The Never Ending Book Basket 

“I read (The Summer Remains) twelve hours ago and it has already impacted my life. There are no words to explain it. You just have to experience it yourself.” - Cover to Cover Book Blog 



Twenty-four-year-old Summer Johnson knows two things. The first is that due to a quickly worsening medical condition, she faces a risky surgery in three months’ time that may or may not end in her death. The second is that she would like to fall in love before then. 



As spring sinks into her namesake season on the Florida coastline, Summer plays the odds and downloads a new dating app - and after one intriguing message from a beautiful surfer named Cooper Nichols, it becomes clear that the story of what may be her last few months under the sun is about to be completely revised. All she has to do now is write something worth reading. 



Tender, honest, devastating and triumphant, The Summer Remains explores a very human battle being waged in a very digital age: the search for a love that will outlast this temporary borrowing of bones. In an era when many feel compelled to share and re-share anything about everything, prepare to feel a love so special, you will want to hug it Close and make it yours forever.






REVIEW BY ASH


“This love has rearranged me.” 

What a story! I cried at 2% into this book and I should have known right them it was going to utterly wreck me. 
I first took notice of this book when Seth’s posts popped up on my Instagram feed, the more I saw the more I knew I needed to read this book. It was one of those stories you just know you need to read.
The story of Summer and Cooper is one that I loved so much I gifted this book to every person I knew would read it. 
One very sick girl, with one last chance and one last Summer. One lost broken boy who finds her and loves her. A love that would last forever, even if forever was short. If you want a book where you can truly feel every single emotion that these characters feel this book with rip your heart out and mince it – in a good way.
I highlighted almost the whole book, but this line just stood out from all the others.
“Let love destroy you – God knows life is going to anyway.” 
A five star tear inducing heart breaking love story that I will hang onto for a long time.
***I purchased this book with my own money – and then six more for others ***

No comments:

Post a Comment