Pages

Thursday 30 April 2015

**REVIEW** SAY MY NAME by J KENNER


Meeting Jackson Steele was a shock to my senses. Confident and commanding, he could take charge of any room . . . or any woman. And he hungered for me. Our bond was immediate, our passion untamed. I wanted to surrender completely, but I couldn't risk him knowing the truth about my past. Yet Jackson carried secrets too, and in our desire we found our escape. Learning to trust is never easy. My mind told me to run. But heart had never felt a fire this strong - one that could save me...or scar me forever.






i have never read any of Julie’s work before so wasn't sure what to expect. This book blew me away I was reading until my kids were hungry and my eyeballs gave up. Sylvia is a fabulous character, she has issues but deals with them in a badass way, sleeping with guys and getting tattoos. Jackson is misunderstood but a softie at heart when it comes to his woman. 

Sylvia is haunted by nightmares of when she was “ raped” by a photographer when she was 14. sylvia doesn't see it as rape because she orgasmed and as jackson explains she was only 14 she couldn't control her bodies reaction to the guy. Five years ago Sylvia had a night with Jackson but it brought her nightmares flooding back and she asked Jackson to leave her alone. Fast forward five years and she is project manger of a island that they are trying to turn into a vacation spot. 

one of the investors the architect  has pulled out and the only person who could pull this back on track is jackson  but he isn't interested in speaking to Sylvia.


No comments:

Post a Comment