Pages

Sunday 20 March 2016

**REVIEW by SAMANTHA ** HIS TO GUARD by ELIZABETH REYES




Okay I feel like I should start this review by saying I'm really not hard to please when it comes to a cheesy romance and a happily ever after, therefore, I think this review comes as a huge shock. I believe hate would be too strong a word for  what I felt regarding this book, but it wasn't realms away from that. It was far too long winded, far fetched and poorly written for even me, a lover of all things soppy and romantic, to engage with for five minutes at a time. This is successfully gauged by the amount of time it has taken me to finish it, I actually feel proud of myself for making it to the end. The premise of the story is your classic girl meets guy, they fall in love but as in life things are never that easy. However, I feel this story fell short of even making me feel like love was a possibility between the two central protagonists. Add into that I found both characters extremely unbelievable within the premise of the story it was a recipe for disaster. The plot at the basics of it wasn't half bad but the convoluted additions to it made for a confusing  and at times a very frustrating read. I am genuinely struggling to find any redeeming qualities to this book, however, I rarely ever struggle to finish a book and that speaks volumes to me. I'd give this book a 1/5 and must say the one is purely because I dragged myself to the end of it

No comments:

Post a Comment