Pages

Thursday 22 January 2015

The Coolest way to Kill yourself by Nicholas Tanek 5*****



Okay, so no one actually kills themselves in this book. 

The Coolest Way to Kill Yourself pulls you into the early 90’s New York City rave scene, in all its chaotic, psychedelic glory. The narrator grabs you by your wrist and drags you behind two teenage lovers from New Jersey as they tumble through a whirlwind of reckless hedonism that eventually spirals into a dark, devastating world of drug addiction and heartbreak. 

As a teenager, Lynn cried, “No one is ever going to write something for me.” 

Nearly two decades later, in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, Nicholas did just that. The gesture came too late for our unlikely heroine, but his heart was in the right place. A broken heart… but a true love. 

Reunited after years apart, Lynn and Nicholas embraced their love and sexuality, and embraced each other, despite troubled pasts, despite illness, despite all of their imperfections and mistakes. They shared the kind of honest and shameless connection that few have had the honor of knowing, and most would never understand. 

“We’re not hurting anyone. We’re just living life without caring what anyone thinks about us, without caring about the consequences.” 

“It’s the coolest way to kill ourselves,” Lynn said. 

So turn the page, and pull the trigger. 

What some people are saying… 

“I used to think that I was a fairly liberal and open-minded person. But this world is truly a world outside my comprehension and comfort zone.” – my sister-in-law 

"You will never publish this book.” – my ex-wife 

“Are you crazy? I can’t believe you are publishing this.” – most of my friends 

“I love the fact that you are publishing this.” – most of my cool friends 

“You have disgraced me.” – my mother 

“Why is your mother so angry about your book? Make sure you shovel the snow from the driveway.” – my father 



~~  REVIEW ~~



WOW what can I say, This book broke me. I had very strong feelings whilst reading this and i’m not convinced I can put into words how much i loved reading this book. This is no romance But it is a love story and its real. Theres drugs, sex, music and a young man who is too young to see true love when its on his doorstep. I cried, I laughed and I fell for a cute lil dog called Mokey. This isn't fiction these are true thoughts and feelings, its a true story but names etc have been changed.

The book is written about Nicholas by Nicholas and begins at the end in 2012 and Nicholas is now 37 and living in New Jersey in the aftermath of hurricane sandy, writing from his parents basement.
Nicholas takes us back to the early nineties when he was 16 and going to  his first illegal underground rave and its mentioned he took ecstasy that night. We are introduced to three ladies one of whom is Lynn and we know she is the love of his life and the rest of the book tells their sad but beautiful story.
5 star read =one click no brainer 





BUY LINK 

No comments:

Post a Comment